Dear Valued Customer,
As the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation dramatically impacts our communities, our very way of life and you, our customers, your health and safety, as well as supporting you through these challenging times, is our top priority.
Further to the measures we have announced to support your financial well-being, we are pleased to inform you that you can conveniently submit your requests for postponing loan instalments through our website.
Regular instalment postponement for one month, subject to the applicable fees
Am I eligible?
In order to be eligible to apply for this option;
- After loan disbursement, you must have paid a minimum of six (6) monthly instalments.
- You must have no overdue instalment outstanding on any of your CBI loans.
- You can postpone a maximum of two (2) instalments in a year, and these cannot be in two consecutive months.
- Your age must not be above the retirement age at the new loan tenor date (retirement age is 65 for UAE nationals and 60 for expats).
- You must submit your postponement request at the latest by eight (8) working days before the instalment due date.
- Your passport, UAE visa, and Emirates ID records at CBI should be up-to-date. Please click here to update your records.
What are the documents I need to submit?
- Duly completed “Regular Loan Instalment Postponement Form”.
- If you had any bounced cheques in the past six (6) months, proof of clearance or settlement.
- If you had a change in your salary within the last three (3) months, your pay slips for this period.
What are the Terms & Conditions?
- Approval of your application is subject to the sole discretion of CBI.
- Duly completion and submission of all required documents.
- Availability of adequate account balance to deduct the relevant instalment postponement charges.
- Additional interest charges applicable due to postponing the loan instalment.
- Increased instalment amount stated in the loan agreement and repayment schedule.
- The deferred instalment(s) will be carried forward to the end of the tenor of the loan and will be subject to the applicable interest from the date of deferment until the full repayment.
- Except as provided herein, nothing in this application will change any of the terms and conditions that govern the loan mentioned in the form.
- Acceptance of paying the deferred instalment(s) amount as a result of this deferment application if the loan is settled before the expiry date of the tenor.
- Any early/partial settlement of the loan, along with the issuance of a liability letter, will only be finalized after the deferred instalment date(s) has lapsed.
How can I apply?
- Please download and complete the relevant form.
- Click here, and you will be directed to our portal to upload your documents and completed forms.
Please note that applications for Special CBI Relief Package up to six (6) months instalment postponement without fees is closed as of 31st May 2020
Thank you for banking with CBI. If you need further assistance, please contact us on 600544440.
Stay home, stay safe, and stay well.
Commercial Bank International